Our Family to Family Class will Begin Online May 30th.
Family-to-Family Educational Program – Online in May
NAMI Family-to-Family is a free, 8-session educational program for family, significant others, and friends of people living with mental illness. It is a designated evidenced-based program. Research shows that the program significantly improves the coping and problem-solving abilities of the people closest to an individual living with a mental health condition.
Email: email@example.com to register
NAMI Family-to-Family is taught by NAMI-trained family members who have been there and includes presentations, discussion, and interactive exercises.
NAMI Family-to-Family not only provides critical information and strategies for taking care of the person you love, but you’ll also find out that you’re not alone. Recovery is a journey, and there is hope.
The group setting of NAMI Family-to-Family provides mutual support and shared positive impact—you can experience compassion and reinforcement from people who understand your situation. You can also help others through your own experience. In the program, you’ll learn about:
- How to manage crises, solve problems and communicate effectively
- Taking care of yourself and managing your stress
- Developing the confidence and stamina to provide support with compassion
- Finding and using local supports and services
- Up-to-date information on mental health conditions and how they affect the brain
- Current treatments, including evidence-based therapies, medications, and side effects
- The impact of mental illness on the entire family